Welcome to NATSPEC
NATSPEC is the trading name of Construction Information Systems Limited, ABN 20 117 574 606.
NATSPEC, founded in 1975, is a not-for-profit organisation that is owned by the design, build, construct and property industry through professional associations and government property groups. It is impartial and is not involved in advocacy or policy development.
NATSPEC's major service is the comprehensive national specification system endorsed by government and professional bodies. NATSPEC, the National Building Specification, is for all building structures with specialist packages for architects, interior designers, landscape architects, structural engineers, service engineers and domestic owners. AUS-SPEC is the Local Government specification system for the life-cycle management of assets. Packages include Urban and Open Space, Roadworks and Bridges, Public Utilities, and Maintenance. NATSPEC is also responsible for the National BIM Guide and its associated documents.
NATSPECís objective is to improve the construction quality and productivity of the built environment through leadership of information.
Go to SPECbuilder Live
Download SPECbuilder Live Guide
View the 9 minute NATSPEC for Quality Projects video
showcasing Brisbane's Joint Contact Centre,
Melbourne's Eureka Tower and Canberra's Centra Plaza
View the 6 minute NATSPEC SPECbuilder Pro video
- Air Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors' Association of Australia
- Australian Council of Built Environment Design Professions
- Australian Elevator Association
- Australian Institute of Architects
- Australian Institute of Building
- Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
- Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
- Construction Industry Engineering Services Group
- Consult Australia
- Department of Finance (WA)
- Dept of Finance and Deregulation (Federal)
- Dept of Finance and Services (NSW)
- Dept of Housing and Public Works (QLD)
- Dept of Infrastructure (NT)
- Dept of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (SA)
- Dept of Treasury (ACT)
- Dept of Treasury and Finance (TAS)
- Engineers Australia
- Master Builders Australia
- Standards Australia
- Victorian Building Authority
NATSPEC supports the Property Industry Foundation